If you are in the process of selling your property, we hope that the following summary will give you a brief insight into what happens behind the scenes – from a legal point of view.
Steps To Take
• We will ask you to complete one or two forms from the outset which will help to avoid any delays later on.
• As soon as a buyer has been found, we will then be in a position to issue a draft contract to the solicitors concerned.
• The buyer’s solicitors will investigate title and raise enquiries, as appropriate.
• We will, at that point, make arrangements with you to sign the sale contract, in readiness for exchange, to avoid any delays later on.
• We will keep you updated about progress and advise you of anything likely to cause a delay.
• As soon as the buyer’s solicitor has completed his/her investigation of title, has received a satisfactory response to all searches and enquiries and his/her client’s mortgage offer (if any), the buyer will be asked to sign the contract and provide deposit funds.
• A completion date is agreed on and exchange takes place.
• You will now be in a position to confirm your removals.
• On receipt of the sale monies on completion. we will: (i) inform the agents that the keys can be released to the buyers; (ii) redeem your existing mortgage (if any); (iii) settle your agent’s commission (if you agree); (iv) arrange for payment of all other legal fees and costs.